Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Back From the Abyss

Holy crap it's been a long time since I've posted an entry to this blog. My life has taken many twists and turns during the last couple years and writing to an unknown quantity of blog readers had to take its place in the back of the line. It's always been a mystery, as to who actually gives a damn about this blog, but it has served the purpose of keeping me engaged with my personal photography; so for now, that'll have to suffice. Either way, I'm back for a while. However that might unfold is anyone's guess.

There are so many options as far as staying involved with the world around me, and most of them now seem to involve variations of social media, which for me, tends to induce that queazy feeling you get after you've downed a crappy hotdog at Home Depot. I deplore Facebook so much, I had to delete my account this year, which ended up being a cathartic choice for me.  Twitter? Forget it!

The world is full of opinions in the digital age, and some are so frightening, I decided to limit my exposure to the crazies who want to be my "friend" on social media. No longer do I have to endure throngs of people who nauseate me every time they open their pie-hole.  For me, and this is just me, my primary reason to engage socially on the internet, is to eat, sleep and shit photography 24/7. It's a choice I'm comfortable with, however narrow minded. When I'm not in a photo-induced coma, I prefer to socialize the old-school way, with eye contact and conversation. Sounds crazy, doesn't it?

So hopefully, this will inspire you, or engage you... If your into that kind of thing.


No comments:

Post a Comment